ETS Medium-to-Large Thermal Shock
Meets Mil-Std Test Specifications
The ETS thermal shock chamber is a high quality design with an advanced touch screen controller and an innovative hot/cold transfer system. It is designed to meet strict Mil-Std test specifications, which require temperature recovery to be measured in the worst-case product sample.
The touch-screen controller is user-friendly and designed especially for thermal shock. For Mil-Std 883 testing, the controller actually speeds up test time by detecting when the product has achieved temperature and can go to the next step.
ESPEC’s electric screw-drive lift automatically moves the samples between hot and cold zones. This direct drive method eliminates the problems associated with cables, pneumatic cylinders, or other complicated mechanisms.
Chamber Design Features:
- Vertical-lift thermal shock chamber with separate hot and cold temperature zones
- Direct-drive system for reliable transfer between zones (maximum load 150 lb.)
- The basket carrier includes an adjustable shelf pilaster and one wire mesh specimen basket
Refrigeration and Plenum:
- Refrigeration maintains user-set low temperature in cold zone
- Two ¾ hp blower motors circulate the air (one per zone)
- Dry air purge system extends the time between defrost cycles
- Non-CFC cascade refrigeration system using semi-hermetic Copeland Discus compressors
- Hinged service access doors with lockable snap-action latches
- Sound levels below 70 dBa
- Three levels of overheat protection
ESPEC’s Exclusive SCP-220TS Programmer:
- User-friendly touch-screen operation with 6.5″ colour display
- The trend-graph display shows a record of setpoints and actual values
- Cycle-time reduction function in compliance with Mil-Std 883, 1010.7
- Product thermocouple senses when samples are at temperature to start soak time early
- 20 user-definable programs can be saved with alphanumeric names
- System alarms are stored in memory for historical review
- Activated alarms provide on-screen troubleshooting help
- Built-in timer functions allow the chamber to be started or shut down automatically
- User-set independent overheat and overcool protectors
- Need something just a bit smaller, or with a smaller footprint?
See TSD Medium Thermal Shock